Top 50 Writing Questions From IELTS Writing Question Bank
Here are Top 50 Writing Questions From IELTS Writing Question Bank. You can write your own essay content and practice on these writing questions which came from past IELTS exams.
1. Many parents believe that when their children read books for entertainment, they are wasting their time, and that they should read only serious, educational books. What is you opinion about this?
2. The international community must act immediately to ensure all nations reduce the consumption of fossil fuel (gas and oil). To what extent do you agree or disagree.
3. Some people think that the media (newspapers) have the right to publish details of people’s private life, while other’s think it should be controlled? Discuss both views
4. Tourism is encouraged in many countries. Does tourism brings more advantages or disadvantages to a country?
5. Some people say the Olympic Games are not relevant in the 21st century. Do you agree or disagree?
6. Stores should sell local food products and not the imported food products. Do you agree or disagree?
7. A growing population is a big problem in many countries. Should the government provide new homes in the cities or countryside?
8. People who read for pleasure have better imagination and language skills than those who prefer watching TV. To what extent do you agree?
9. Many museums and historical sites are mainly visited by tourists, but not local people. Why this is the case? What can be done to attract more local people to visit these places?
10. Local people do not go very often to museums or historical sites. Why is that? What can be done to change the situation?
11. Some people say that all students should study history as a major subject, while others feels that other subjects are important for children in today’s society. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
12. Today, many people want to get married and have children in their thirties rather than when they are younger. Is it a positive or negative development?
13. Some people think that advertising on TV is useful for viewers, while others disagree. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
14. Nowadays, many medical research projects are funded by private companies.In your opinion, do you think that research should be carried by private companies, individuals or government?
15. Some say that the most important thing about being rich is that one has the opportunity to help others. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
16. Some people think that activities done in a person’s free time should be planned, while others disagree. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
17. Individuals should improve the environment or is it the government and large companies that should take action?
18. Some students tend to play computer games rather than do sports. Why is this? What can be done to tackle the problem?
19. The restoration of old buildings in major cities throughout the world involves enormous expenditure. This money would bring more benefits if it was used to provide new housing and road development. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
20. Some people think money is the best gift to give youngsters, while others disagree. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
21. As a country develops, people tend to buy more cars. Do the advantages for the individual outweigh the disadvantages for the environment?
22. In countries where unemployment is high, education should only be obligatory up to primary school and not secondary school. To what extend do you agree or disagree.
23. Employers should give longer holidays to employees to encourage them to do their job well. Do you agree?
24. Human activity has had a negative effect on plants and animal all over the world. Some people think that it is too late to do something about it. Others think that there is still time to take effective action. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
25. Some people think it is more beneficial to play sports that are played in teams, e.g. football. However, some people think it is more beneficial to play individual sports, e.g. tennis and swimming. Discuss about both views and give your own opinion.
26. In many cities today, most people live in large apartment blocks. Does this kind of accommodation have more advantages or disadvantages?
27. Some countries encourage teenagers to have part-time job and see it as a good thing, while others disagree. Give your opinion and explain both views.
28. The tendency of human beings to copy one another is shown in the popularity of fashion clothes and consumer goods. To what extent do you agree?
29. Scientific research should be carried out and controlled by the government, rather than by private companies. To what extend do you agree or disagree?
30. Some people consider price as most important thing to consider when buying a product (such as a cell phone) or a service (e.g. medical treatment). Do you agree or disagree?
31. People who go to live in other countries, should follow the customs and traditions of the new country. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
32. Some people say that the government should decide what subjects a student can study, while others believe the students should decide what they want to study. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
33. Some people think it is a good thing for senior management positions to have very high salaries compared to other workers of the same company or organisation. To what extent do you agree?
34. Nowadays more and more people want to get things done instantly (services, information, tasks). Why is this? Do you think it is a positive or negative development?
35. Many people prefer to spend money and not save it. What are the reasons? Is this a positive or negative development?
36. Music should not be taught in schools Instead other subjects such as computers and science should be taught. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
37. Some people believe that not all criminals should be kept in prison, but that some of them should be allowed to do unpaid work to help the community.Do you agree or disagree?
38. Companies use a variety of methods to improve the sales of their products. What are those methods? Which is the most effective method?
39. Students in school and university learn far more from lessons with their teachers compared to other sources, such as the television or the internet. Do you agree or disagree?
40. Some people believe school children should be given multiple short vacations, while others believe they should get one long vacation. Give the advantages of both and express your own point of view.
41. Nowadays, people living in large cities face many problems in their daily lives. What are these problems? Do you think the government should encourage people to move to smaller towns?
42. Some people want the government to spend more money for looking life on other planets, however others think it is waste of public money when there are so many problems on earth that the government should be solving. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
43. Science tells us about the activities which are good for our health and others which are bad. Millions of people all over the world knows this and still do unhealthy activities. Why do you think this is and what can be done to change it?
44. Maintaining public libraries is a waste of money since computer technology is now replacing their functions. To what extend do you agree or disagree?
45. Fewer and fewer young people are choosing to become teachers. Why do young people not want to be teachers? How this could be changed?
46. People living in the 21st century are enjoying better quality of life compared to people who lived in the previous centuries. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
47. In many countries, the tradition of families having meals together is disappearing. Why is this happening? What will be the effects of it on the family and society?
48. Some people argue higher taxes should be collected from industries causing higher industrial pollution, whereas others argue there are better ways to deal it. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
49. More and more people are finding it increasingly important to wear fashionable clothes. Is this attitude to wearing clothes a positive or negative development?
50. Money should be spent on creating new public buildings such as museums or town halls rather than renovating the existing ones. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: